Monday, March 4, 2013

LongHorn Steakhouse SteakHouse Dinner for Two Review

English: LongHorn Steakhouse, 35400 Warren Roa...
I am always looking for a deal.  Since visiting Longhorn Steakhouse a few months ago with a gift certificate from a friend, I have been on their email list.  I got an email with the Steakhouse Dinner for Two and a coupon for a free dessert or appetizer. This was a deal that was too good to pass up.  The Steakhouse Dinner for Two is $25 and includes either an appetizer to share or dessert, two salads and two entrees (with one side dish each).  Included in my mailing was a coupon for a free appetizer or dessert, making this a four course meal for two for $25.

Ty and I went and had the calamari as the appetizer.  It's a ridiculously large portion of calamari and bell pepper strips battered and fried along with a sweet/smoky sauce.  I would have preferred marinara and it's not the best calamari I've ever had, but it is a good starter.  We each had a Caesar salad.  Again, very good, not great.  I had the 6 ounce filet for a $6 upcharge and Ty had the 7 ounce salmon which came on a bed of rice.  We each got "sweet potato bites" which were little chunks of sweet potatoes that were kind of candied.  I'm not sure how they were prepared exactly, but they were very good.  By the time for dessert we were stuffed, but it was free. So, of course, we got the dessert sampler which included small piece of strawberry cheesecake, a piece of chocolate cake, some ice cream and apple pie.

I had two glasses of wine with my meal.  Ty had a beer.  Our total bill, including alcohol and exclusive of tip was $50.  Amazingly inexpensive for what we had.

The service was excellent.  In fact, while we were there the District Manager and his boss were in town visiting the restaurant.  I told them we had come as a result of the deal we got.  We had a nice chat with them and they told us how with their buying power they are able to serve such good food at such low prices.  We had returned to the restaurant because we forgot our leftover sweet potato bites that we wanted to take home.  They made a fresh order for us, to go, no charge.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment